Here is an easy, quick, low-calorie lunch or snack idea for days when you have a craving for pizza and don’t feel like putting a lot of effort into your cooking ventures:
Single-Serve Veggie Pizza
(this, of course, can be made vegan, vegetarian, or with meat)
1. Begin by pre-heating your oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with EVOO cooking spray so that the pizza does not stick.
2. Bake the tortilla of your choice (I used Food for Life’s brown rice tortillas, but I also think a whole wheat Flat Out wrap would be great) by itself for approximately 3 minutes.
3. While the tortilla is baking, prepare your favorite toppings (vegetables, fruits, and, if desired, meat and cheese).
I chose to use chopped fresh spinach, diced green bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, and pineapple tidbits (make sure you buy fresh pineapple or pineapple in a can that has natural juices only with no added sugar).
4. Top your pre-baked tortilla with pizza sauce, your prepared toppings, and season with pizza or Italian seasoning and nutritional yeast (if you are not using cheese).
I prefer to buy the pizza sauce in the squeeze bottle because you only use what you need and do not waste any.
5. Bake the pizza for 5-6 minutes, or until the tortilla becomes crispy. Be sure to check it frequently so that it does not burn.
6. Cut with a pizza cutter and EAT!
This is a go-to lunch or dinner for me when I am short for time but want a filling, veggie-rich meal. It is also a great way to use up any fruits and vegetables in your fridge before they go bad.