I don’t know about you, but I am a big fan of Mexican food. Now let’s be honest, it is never quite as good as it is at a restaurant, but homemade Mexican food is still pretty darn good! Tonight I more than satisfied my craving for Mexican food with this family-approved meal.
Mini Mexican Pizzas….a.k.a Tostados!
EVOO cooking spray
1 14.5 oz can of fat-free vegetarian refried beans
lean ground beef, optional
1 taco seasoning packet (if using meat)
1 small yellow onion, chopped
1 small green bell pepper, chopped
shredded part-skim Mexican or cheddar cheese
1 tomato, chopped
…and any other additional toppings that you desire!
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet (or 2, in my case) with EVOO cooking spray.
2. Place corn tortillas onto baking sheet and bake for approximately 10 minutes, or until they are crispy.
3. While the tortillas are baking, prepare taco meat (if using), heat refried beans, and prep your toppings.
4. Top baked tortillas with a layer of refried beans, a layer of taco meat (if using), onions, green peppers, and cheese.
5. Place the baking sheets into the oven (turn the heat down to 350 degrees F) and bake for 3-5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
6. Finally, top with your favorite toppings. That’s it! Easy, right??
Happy eating! :)