Please try to tell me that this does not look delicious. You cannot do it can you? ;) Good decision, because this was an absolutely yummy pizza! Not to mention the fact that it is beyond easy to make (which is always a plus in my book)!
Vegetarian Taco Pizza
Servings: 2-3 (makes 6 pieces)
1 pre-made whole wheat crust (or make your own)
1 15 oz can of dark kidney beans, drained and rinsed
3/4 cup of salsa + extra for topping
1/2 small yellow onion, diced
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
part-skim shredded Mexican or taco cheese
shredded lettuce, optional
diced tomatoes, optional
chips (tortilla or Doritos), optional
taco sauce, optional
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Measure out 3/4 cup of the kidney beans and mash them in a bowl. There should be some small bean pieces left. Add 3/4 cup of salsa to the mashed beans and mix well.
3. Spread the bean and salsa mixture onto the pizza crust. Top with remaining kidney beans.
4. Next, top the pizza with the diced onions and green peppers.
5. Sprinkle the pizza with the shredded cheese.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or according to the pizza crust package directions.
7. Top each individual slice of pizza with desired toppings.
I topped my Vegetarian Taco Pizza slices with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, and crushed tortilla chips…
…and served it alongside cooked mixed vegetables.
This was one simple, fast, and delicious meal!